This page has been updated and you will be redirected automatically to the Recital 2018 page. If your browser doesn't automatically go there within a few seconds, you may want to go to
We believe performance is an integral part of the learning process. In addition to in-studio performances, opportunities are provided to give talented and dedicated students an opportunity to perform in professionally produced productions as well as community outreach.
- Annual Recital
- Parents and relatives of all LPAA students will enjoy watching their children dance and sing in our professional annual recital held in May/June. Our Recitals feature all Dance classes, Dance Company, and Broadway Bound Song & Dance. Participation is optional for all enrolled students ages 3 – 19. Recitals are separated by age and level. All rehearsals are mandatory.
- Participation in the recital is assumed and parents are responsible for costume fees, due November 1st. Costume fees will be automatically charged on November 1st, (see “Auto Pay” on the registration form). Parents must notify the academy in writing if their child does not wish to participate in the Recital prior to November 1st to avoid being charged costume fees. Costume fees are non-refundable. Directions to Stevenson High School.
- Makeup and Hair Instruction Videos & Information
- Early Childhood Special Note: Our annual E.C. Recital is a very comfortable first performance experience for our 3 – 6 year old students. Each class has two teenaged class helpers who perform the routines onstage with the children, to ensure a fun experience for all. Tiny Tots Ballet does not participate. The E.C. Recital features all Dance Classes and Showbiz Kids.
- Musical Theatre
- Showbiz Stars
- “Putting on a Show” from start to finish is the focus of this class. The children participate in “informal” auditions and are “cast” in the show (All children have equal parts). Class time is spent working on learning the songs, choreography, and dialogue. Developing a strong characterization using their bodies & voices is emphasized. Your “stars” present two mini-musicals per year, which will be performed during the last class in December and the last class in May. New material will always make this class appropriate for repeat students. Learn more.
- Our Nutcracker is a production featuring students ages 6-18, alongside professional dancers. Open auditions for the 2017 Nutcracker will be held September 9. All students in the greater Chicagoland area with dance experience, from any studio or school, are welcome to audition. We will alternate years between Nutcracker: Clara’s Dream (one-act) and The Nutcracker (two-acts) to maintain an annual Nutcracker production while keeping the experience fresh for our dancers, parents, and faculty. Learn More
- Dance Company
- The Dance Company is comprised of dancers ages 6-19, that excel in a variety of styles of dance. Dance Company is designed to give students an opportunity to enhance their training and gain performance experience, as well as share their talent and provide entertainment to the community. Auditions are held annually. View the 2017-18 Company Roster
- Divisons include:
- We offer the following 1/2 year Dance Company Prep options: